Monday, January 24, 2011

Movies I Saw Today

Today I watched one cheesy bad movie with my friend, and then watched a nice good movie, with both friend and wife.

First off was “Stonehenge Apocalypse”   This was a cheesy, bad movie, that made me laugh throughout.  the basic premise is that Stonehenge is actually a giant terraforming device, the one left her by aliens to seed the planet with life, But its just a machine, and its been turned on again ,so it essentially is going to destroy the world.  The special effects are fun,  not good mind you, but fun.  We had a great time watching the stones re-align themselves, and zapping people.  Also the very predictable military action of “Let’s nuke it” all in all it was an enjoyable couple hours, as long as you don’t pay to much to see it.

 

The other movie I watched today, with my wife, and Roommate, was “Alice In Wonderland the newer Tim Burton Adaptation.  I have to say I love this movie, the visuals are stunning, Johnny Depp of course is in top form as the Mad-Hatter. 

I don’t want to talk about the plot too much, just in case by some chance you haven't seen it, but what I will say is that it takes place ATER the original Alice in Wonderland story, it’s a return to wonderland.  The cast is amazing with Alan Rickman, and others.  Hearing the voice of Sauroman come out of the mouth of the Jabberwocky was effectively unsettling and well cast.  Definitely worth a watch even if you have to pay top dollar.

If you’re interested, you can get the original book through amazon:

Alice in Wonderland

Enhanced by Zemanta