Sunday, December 19, 2010

Machine of Death – A Review

Machine of Death: A collection of stories about people who know how they will dieMachine of Death: A collection of stories about people who know how they will die by Ryan North
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Overall this was a good book. I love the idea behind the book, the machine that predicts death but is vague and almost malicious. It reminds me of my days playing D&D, someone would get a wish spell, and the GM would go out of their way to twist the wording.

On the downside however it should be said that this is a collection of shorter stories by a number of different authors. Many of them have vastly different writing styles and while I thoroughly enjoyed some, there were others I didn't like. Additionally, t was sometimes hard to jump directly from one style of writing into another.

Overall it was a an enjoyable book, with some very dark stories, some humorous, some suspenseful and gave me many hours of enjoyment

View all my reviews