Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A poem I found

I stumbled across this poem

I have no idea hi did it,  but i really like it

if anyone knows who the author is, please inform me

When I was a child, all my days were filled with endless wonder.
When I was a child, I would lie on the dew covered grass and search the vast evening sky for falling stars.
When I was a child, my friends and I would venture deep into the woods and tell tales of the grim reaper,
Who, with sickle in hand, icily searched for his next victim. We weren't afraid; he came only for the old, not us.
When I was a child, I would look to my mother's arms for warmth and my father's eyes for approval.
When I was a child, I wandered when will I be grown
Now I'm an adult, and I wonder, can I ever be a child again?

I tried searching a bit, and could not find a clue to who wrote this.  But it really speaks to me