Thursday, January 14, 2010

In the Winte,r I warm up with....

Fireplace

A Fireplace. I love a good fireplace. for one thing it's just a comfy cozy feeling, the crackling sounds of the logs burning sooth me somehow. It also reminds me of better times from my childhood. My grandmothers house was an old old turn of the century affair, and had a huge fireplace in the living-room. I remember my grandfather teaching me how to start a fire,





We used to sit nearby, and read books, I learned my love of reading in front of that fireplace, the family dog would lay next to me. Just a lot of generally good memories there.



As an adult I still love it, and I want to pass those experiences on to my kids, so whenever I light one up, I let the kids help me, as much as they can, and carefully.



even writing about it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.