Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Calling for Help

Well this morning at 8:02 I called common Ground. They are sort of a one stop center for all to the Michigan mental health organizations. Essentially, they work as a crisis line, and also can direct you, interview, and refer you to ongoing care professionals. So I spent about an hour Talking o someone, going over what's going on in my life currently, any and all relevant past stuff. The man I talked to was funny, very helpful, genuinely caring too. He didn't rush me through anything ,he didn't try to force anything out of me, he let me go at my own pace, which was a big help.

it was still hard though, my "phone shyness" my anxiety, whatever you want to call it was defiantly acting up, but I pushed through it. I have an appointment on the 19th to go for an intake interview, and then within a few sessions should get assigned to a doctor.

it's hard enough for me to talk on the phone, harder yet to a stranger, Harder still to open up, and be honest about my problems, and what I'm feeling. It took a lot out of me.

Anyway, I decided to post this entry, so as to let people know what's up in my life, to give people a chance to leave comment,s and to help calm my nerves a bit.

hope to write again soon.